LOCALIDADE: Atlanta, GA, Estados Unidos
Data de Publicação: Feb 17, 2021
As a Supply Chain Associate at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to check, receive, and verify accuracy of part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you will conduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Safely perform the material handling and storeroom functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies.
* Operates hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing.
* Performs housekeeping functions as required.
* Utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts and overhead cranes
* Reports defects and need for repairs.
* Computer skills (intermediate level - basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
* Minimum 3 months warehouse experience
* Must be willing and able to work 2nd shift
Top candidates will also have:
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents
* Ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Ability to obtain forklift certification
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes.
* Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
* Work in a non-climate-controlled work environment
* Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Overtime is required depending on business need. Overtime could be mandatory or voluntary and could occur during the week and/or on weekends.
2nd shift work hours (must be willing and able to work either shift pattern as needed): Monday - Friday: 12:30 pm - 9 pm or 1:30 pm - 10 pm
PLEASE NOTE: This position is a full time temporary Caterpillar job intended to help supplement the Caterpillar workforce. The work location will be Atlanta, GA. Positions start at $15/hour + $0.75/hour night shift premium with a health insurance option and unpaid time off. Opportunity may lead to positions with a full time Caterpillar benefit package. This position is a great opportunity to get a foot in the door and be considered for a regular status position!
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process. If you wish to know the status of your application - please review your job submissions on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
SummaryJOB DESCRIPTION Job Code: 1A12 Position: Warehouse Associate Reports to: Supervisor/Section Manager As a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar Inc., you will work from a variety of source documents to verify part numbers, part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you will conduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects. Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: •Utilizing and inspecting heavy equipment including sit down fork truck, pallet jack and overhead hoists •Perform material handling and warehousing functions •Order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment and supplies Operating automated packaging equipment, shipping and receiving •Multiple systems interactions •Interaction with carrier drivers •Adhere to all facility safety policies and procedures •Uses machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, packaging, stenciling, etc. •Operates electronic hardware to receive material into inventory, including IPads •Performs 5S/housekeeping functions as required Essential Job Functions: •Frequently lift parts up to 35 pounds individually or 70 pound as team lift •Frequently bending, reaching and squatting while performing tasks •Consistent usage of required PPE for task being performed •Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures Basic and/or Desired Qualifications may include, but are not limited to: •Ability frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes •Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures •Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation •Previous distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience •Good attendance record •Ability to work OT when required •The ability to cross reference material to documentation for verification