LOCALIDADE: Grimbergen, Bélgica
Data de Publicação: Feb 17, 2021
As a Logistics Operations Supervisor, you are responsible for the daily supervision of storeroom operations in a specific area. This entails organising and supervising the operation in the most efficient, customer oriented and safe way. As well as ensuring a high level of quality and focus on timely execution of tasks at hand, including initiating and executing improvement opportunities.
* Coach a team of 25-30 employees who perform a number of warehouse activities: receiving, locating, order-filling, packing, loading and shipping of spare parts.
* You are responsible for the efficient organisation of your area and attain the pre-established productivity, quality and efficiency standards.
* You ensure that the activities in your area are performed in conjunction with the other areas by closely collaborating with your colleagues supervisors.
* You are responsible for the operational processes in your area, and initiates and/or contributes to improvement projects.
* You ensure proper training and development of the employees in your area.
* You are responsible for a safe and clean work environment and ensure adherence by your team.
* You analyse area results and strive for lean management and will take appropriate actions for improvements.
* Bachelor / Master degree or equivalent experience
* Motivation and skills to independently lead a group of employees.
* Good communications skills, adjusted to the audience and situation at hand
* Organisational talent
* Pro-active and hands-on
* Previous relevant experience in warehouse environment can be an asset
* Profound knowledge of MS Office applications
* Fluent knowledge of Dutch, and English.
SummaryJOB PURPOSE: To create and maintain a safe work environment while leading the receipt, processing, packaging, storage, order filling and shipment of parts to Caterpillar dealers, Distribution Centers and Regional Distribution Centers to support the end users of Caterpillar equipment. JOB RELATED STATISTICS: Total Operating Expenses:$500,000 Personnel:20/25 hourly JOB DUTIES: Reporting directly to this position are Hourly Warehouse personnel along with flexible agency workers. Supervises hourly personnel to ensure completion of assigned tasks in accordance with established processes. Ensures parts inventory is received, processed and stored in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Responds to dealer calls and makes immediate decisions to resolve the issue. Contributes to the development of an effective work force by engaging and mentoring employees to follow all established work processes. Provides necessary on the job training while fostering and mentoring team members to help them be successful. Improves PQVC (productivity, quality, velocity and cost) metrics by taking ownership of the process. Leads teams working on problem resolution and process improvement. Maintains high employee morale by ensuring established work standards and disciplines are delivered. Conducts daily safety meetings to ensures that employees have the proper equipment to perform their jobs safely. Provides training or counseling to correct any unsafe behavior observed by those who do not follow set work standards. Incumbent must possess knowledge of contract terms and enforces the language. Conducts grievance meetings with employees and union committeemen if at a bargained facility. Prepares and maintains necessary paperwork for hourly payroll utilizing Kronos or other approved time keeping method for approving absences, overtime and attendance. Responsible for various projects and reports. This position has complete responsibility for an assigned process area. The incumbent supervises and manages a work group of hourly employees where planning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing work of staff is required. The position is responsible for all personnel issues including coaching, mentoring, performance evaluation and disciplinary action of employees. Typical internal customers include a Department or Business/Service Unit in a Division. External contacts include various customers and vendors throughout worldwide markets. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems. The incumbent generally resolves issues by following business unit guidelines or applying a solution that worked in the past. The incumbent is free to determine the best way to complete job assignments in order to achieve operational and facility metrics. Work is reviewed after completion, except in the most complex or high impact situations. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, Part Quality, etc. Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time. Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time). BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE: The position requires a high potential Supervisor with previous operations experience. Incumbent needs to demonstrate strong leadership, initiative and people skills and be able to handle more responsibility than the average supervisor on the floor. This position requires knowledge of various operating, purchasing, parts ordering and inventory management systems; the ability to read blueprints; familiarity with engineering data systems, as well as packaging and pricing knowledge. The position typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent, certified green belt in more than one 6 Sigma project. Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions. Incumbents should be a capable of being a facility RDC Manager within 5 years, and willing to go off-shift and/or relocate as supervisor, assistant manager, etc. as needed to continue development.