Descrição da vaga
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This position serves as the global process owner for HR policy development and compliance and coordinates across all regions with a focus on standardization and simplification. The position is responsible for working with the HR leadership team, centers of expertise (COE) and business human resources managers to ensure simplified HR policies are developed and consistently applied.
The position reports to the Director – HR Business Processes & Compliance with strong responsibility for understanding goals of business units and ensuring policies/processes support accomplishing those goals. The position, working with segment directors, coordinates initiatives to develop human resources competencies and standard resources so HR leaders in the business can conduct or oversee compliance and investigation matters.
Additionally, this position is responsible for managing audits completed internally by Human Resources and assisting business units in the management of HR data.
- This position leads or is a liaison for complex global projects and supports the Director – HR Business Processes & Compliance. A major focus is on ensuring corporate policy aids in accomplishing a business’ strategy rather than restricting it.
- Responsible for working with Segment HR Directors on global human resources issues to ensure standardization of processes and policies where proper.
- Establish and communicate compliance standards and work with HR Business partners and stakeholders to sustain or improve internal compliance controls, providing subject matter support and guidance.
- Influence and assist business/process owners to adopt processes that will help grow the business in a compliant manner.
- Develop strategic and operational workforce programs for the HR function, to aid our businesses’ capabilities to comply with governmental agencies and government requirements and regulations and internal company HR policies and procedures.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders [labor relations, diversity and inclusion, workday team, legal, etc.] to develop and maintain compliant and effective processes, policies, controls, documentation and metrics. This includes supporting the migration of documentation to a digital platform working seamlessly with Workday through support in standardization of policy and guidance requirements.
- Act as liaison to government agencies, when appropriate, and/or third-party service providers. This includes specific U.S. Office of Federal Contract Compliance requirements.
- Work in Partnership with the COE, business units and internal legal teams on internal HR compliance audit reviews related to pay, employees, hiring, etc.
- Responsible for creating the learning content and programs for areas of compliance responsibilities, partnering with the legal and the learning and development teams to ensure effective techniques, content and delivery to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
- Remain abreast and develop an HR team with deep knowledge of global employee-related legislative and regulatory developments and ensure changes to rules and regulations are restructured with HR systems, policies, articles, and practices.
- Develop messaging, talking points, and presentation content to socialize and ensure alignment to compliance strategy, goals, and objectives.
- 4-year college or university degree is required.
- 7+ years of work-related experience is required.
- The incumbent needs to have significant managerial experience and skill to plan, organize, oversee and direct work in an organization-wide area.
- The successful candidate for the job will have highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional, or potentially controversial situations. It often creates behavior change in people (including customers, suppliers, other employees, etc.) and/or obtains the cooperation and commitment of subordinates. At times, the incumbent motivates and assesses the performance of other employees.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Master’s degree
- Corporate Policy and/or administration along with Business Unit HR experience is recommended
- Proven results in creating and implementing a strategic people strategy to support an internal customer’s business goals
- A passion to learn about the business, build relationships with internal customers and continuously improve people-related solutions
- The ability to listen as well as communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Experience working with global manufacturing operations teams with an understanding of Lean principles and proven success with Employee Relations strategies
- The ability to use facts and data to provide innovative customer solutions
- Experience in managing ambiguous situations while being flexible but not putting the company at risk
Work location: Illinois
Relocation is offered
Moderate travel may be necessary (5% - 15% of working time)
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a yearly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.