Descrição da vaga
As a Design Engineer with the Large Power Systems Division (LPSD), you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network. This position is for the Electrical Systems & Controls group located in Lafayette, Indiana, Mossville, Illinois, or Griffin, Georgia with responsibility for the design and project management of tasks related to Large Diesel and Gas Engines. Projects are usually initiated as NPI or CPI projects with urgent deadlines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and support of detailed design, distribution of requirements and deadlines to offsite engineering detailers, collaboration with manufacturing suppliers, procurement of prototype material, verification of functionality with on-engine fitups, support of field validation activities, and resolution of warranty issues.
- Review project results with the management team through stakeholder updates and design reviews.
- Develop L2 components, L3 assemblies, & L4 systems, electrical harnessing, brackets, panels, enclosures, telematics, sensor mounting, and engine upgrade kits/solutions for Petro, Oil & Gas, Well Service, Dual Fuel, DGB, Marine, Machine, Loco, Industrial, EPG, Cat Defense, After treatment, and Spark Ignited Gas Compression engine products for 3300, 3400, 3500, C175, 3600, and C280 models.
- Engine electrical harnessing, electrical enclosures, brackets, groups, and related system ProE/Creo designs are within the scope of responsibilities for the twelve different Electrical Systems & Controls design controls.
- Minimal travel (less than 5%) is required to ensure successful validation, debugging, and issue tracking of new designs.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related Engineering or Engineering Technology curriculum.
- 2+ years of relevant engine or machine electrical systems design / development, or 2+ years of electronics design or component validation experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, etc).
- Experience with data links (CAN, Ethernet, Modbus, etc).
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Current LPSD engineering experience is strongly desired.
- Master’s degree in an accredited Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology curriculum.
- 2+ years in an engine application system design (Marine, Petroleum, Machine, Electric Power, Gas, or Aftertreatment).
- In-depth knowledge of Caterpillar Gas Engines.
- Expertise using Teamcenter ProE, Pro-Cable, and CREO (ProE Schematics) software.
- Familiarity of electrical standards and certifications including SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturers Association), UL (Underwriters Laboratories), RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive), and CSA Class 1 Div 2 (Canadian Standards Association) requirements.
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively and lead concept design reviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication one-on-one and in larger settings.
- Experience with software and controls development tools (CANape, CANalyzer, debuggers, etc).
- Experience with improving brackets and various structures designs based on results of FEA, vibration analysis, FMEA, field failure, and other findings.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills to develop a cooperative working relationship with others inside and outside of the department.
- Proven ability to perform complex assignments, prioritize workload, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- This position will close on 3/5/2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Primary Location –United States-Indiana-Lafayette, United States-Illinois-Mossville Bldg. AC, or United States-Georgia-Griffin
- 10% Travel likely.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.