LOCALIDADE: Mossville, IL, Estados Unidos
Data de Publicação: Feb 22, 2021
The primary objective of this position is to manage identification and protection Caterpillar autonomy and automation IP internally and through relationships with new technology providers. By doing so, the velocity of autonomy technology and product development will be accelerated. The position will support development teams to develop, integrate or test complex autonomy systems that meet prioritized requirements and stay within budget and time frame constraints for autonomous machine programs that focus on machine safety and productivity and provide a differentiated product value to our customers.
The Autonomy Contract & IP Manager role within the Integrated Components and Solutions Autonomy Development Department is a combination of technical team leadership and individual contributor activities that utilize their own technical expertise to manage the protection of Caterpillar intellectual property and identify new development partners and manage contract negotiation and development of these new partners.
The position helps the team focus on the development, integration and/or troubleshooting of autonomy systems used for autonomous machines by defining, prioritizing, and communicating requirements and allocating work efforts to appropriate development partners. The incumbent will guide the technology supplier selection and approval process. This position helps manage the overall project or job success and may be involved in contract negotiation as well. This position helps set the strategy, vision and purpose with respect to autonomy and automation technology development partners. The Autonomy Contract & IP Manager represents the team in meetings with Sr. leaders and technology development partners. The incumbent will need to work well with other teams and help remove roadblocks for issues that cross multiple organizations. The Autonomy Contract & IP Manager is expected to mentor and coach others and provide leadership, mentoring and training to staff members in the identification and relationship management of technology suppliers.
It may require specific knowledge of machine systems or automation technologies such as Path Planning, Perception and Positioning. The position uses technical knowledge that often must be combined with application/system development skills to develop high quality development partners
Autonomy Contract & IP Manager may be accountable for pulling together a cross functional team of individuals to solve complex business relationship problems or create new and development system(s) or processes.
Decisions may affect the project or program team, the division or business unit, both internal and external customers and the market. Expectations demand that jobs/projects be completed on time, independent of the hours required. Acknowledging trade-offs between time, resources and quality and raising the customers’ and management’s awareness of those trade-offs is essential.
Keeping up with industry trends and new technology breakthroughs is essential and requires continuous learning through self/internet study as well as interaction with other autonomous engineers through conferences and papers.
* Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering or Computer Science curriculum with at least eight years of experience with design development of complex systems or vehicles
* Or an Advanced degree (i.e. Masters, PhD) in an Engineering or Computer Science related field with at least four years of experience
* Demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments
* Strong technical leadership skills
* Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively to multiple levels of audiences
* Fully skilled in managing vision & purpose, decision quality, and negotiating with internal stakeholders and external development partners
* Experience in program/project management
* Strong organizational and communication skills
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Strong Understanding of Caterpillar mining and construction businesses
* Experience working with Caterpillar suppliers
* Good negotiating experience
* The location for this position is Mossville, IL
* Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected candidate.
* This position may require 25% travel
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.