Descrição da vaga
- Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Responsible for one or more complex, specialized areas of payroll. Fully understand Caterpillar HR and pay practices. Provides recommendations on business changes that impact that area of payroll. Propose and implement business process changes when required due to company policies, labor agreements, and legislative/tax requirements.
- Analyze and investigate recurring problems in their area of expertise. Recommend solutions and partner with internal and external business partners to implement the corrections. Coordinate system changes with the Payroll Development Analyst, HRIT, and GIS. Provide documentation of process changes to peers and internal partners.
- Provide second level support to employee questions routed through the HR Service Center – Americas (HRSCA); Investigate and analyze these questions which tend to be more complex as the HRSCA did not have basic documentation for resolution.
- Develop and document payroll process improvements related to grief resolution, efficiency of paycheck delivery, efficiency of payroll processing, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Develop and recommend solutions to problems of limited scope and complexity. Generally resolves issues by following departmental guidelines or applying a solution that worked in the past. Can change different parts of the standard approach to serve customers best, but cannot add or delete procedures without approval. Works under direct supervision and follows defined policies and procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- The position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with Payroll payments and salary information.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong analytical & organizational skills, the ability to function independently, excellent communication skills, the ability to address customer inquiries, providing a thorough explanation of Payroll Processes and Procedures with quick resolutions, and 1-3 years of experience in Accounting, Payroll, or Human Resources is generally required.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar pay practices, advanced PeopleSoft / payroll system experience, good decision making skills and judgment aptitude and a 2-year college or university degree or equivalent experience are highly desired.
To execute various payroll processes and ensure accurate processing of Payroll data. To provide guidance and consultation in one or more specialized areas of payroll.