LOCALIDADE: Shanghai, SH, China
Data de Publicação: Feb 23, 2021
The packaging engineer develops the packaging plan and works with key groups to ensure material is presented to the line properly. This position designs and develops standard work to improve packaging and containerization for material from the source of supply to the point of use, leveraging the Corporate Container Program and Global Transportation processes.
Key duties include:
• Provide NPI support (returnable containers CPPD)
• Develop packaging solutions to protect finished painted components
• Design for transport efficiency
• Perform containerization analysis and quoting
• Validate new packaging and containers during pilot phase
• Coordinate with assembly planning for line-side storage and ergonomic considerations
• Develop kitting packaging / presentation
• Validate returnable quantities through simulations
• Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
• Resolve issues reported by 3PL or carriers
This role has ownership of governance functions to manage packaging, specifically:
• Packaging non-conformance process
• Facilitate packaging procurement including pre-approvals and debits
• Packaging compliance supporting Standard Practice 20
• Supplier / carrier communication & training
• Container tracking system management
POSITION IMPACTS: Incumbent is responsible for achieving supply chain performance targets related to packaging and containerization of material.
Significant Travel (50% to 75% of working time.)
•Experience with 6 Sigma Project teams
•CPS Functional Job Role Qualified
•APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification highly desired
•Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
•Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
•Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
•Thorough knowledge of Standard Practice 20, corporate shipping guidelines, quality and cleanliness specifications and inventory warehousing standards.
•A background in Manufacturing, Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements and/or Supply Chain/Logistics is highly desired.
•College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required.
•CAD or other similar electronic drafting experience is required.
SummaryJOB PURPOSE: Responsible for executing the CPS Packaging Process aligned with Standard Practice 20, corporate shipping guidelines, quality and cleanliness specifications and inventory warehousing standards for a facility. This is an entry level Supply Chain Planning position. JOB RELATED STATISTICS: % Facility Parts / Components Packaging Plans in PFEP Database – performing to 100% of annual corporate target