LOCALIDADE: Bangalore, KA, Índia
Data de Publicação: Feb 23, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: To direct and participate in the concept and design of complex engineering products for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, serviceability at the most affordable cost.
JOB DUTIES: This position represents the journey level position within design engineering. The primary role of a Sr. Engineer is that of an individual contributor to the planning and delivery of a project.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all the following:
• Design and development of new components, subsystems or processes.
• Support to validation, testing & certification activities of electrical components and subsystems;
• Work on continuous cost reduction ideas;
• Work closely with key suppliers on new product development;
• Communicate technical information to customers, team members, suppliers and other units;
• Support facilities, dealers or customers for product maintenance.
• Support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers related to product design and performance.
Success factors –Demonstrating excellent analytical skills and a mastery of engineering concepts. Major challenges facing incumbents are meeting design goals for cost, reliability, performance, timelines and managing multiple priorities.
Sr. Engineers must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology. This position provides a platform for growth and leadership skills development. Incumbent will have opportunities to work with a diverse cross function team for development of world class engineering solutions for our global products.
Key skills and Knowledge requirement:
• Must have thorough knowledge of the design and working of one or more of the following- AC Generators (Alternators), Voltage Regulators, Controllers, Circuit Breakers, Digital & Analog I/O modules and communication protocols (CAN, ethernet, RS232).
• Must have knowledge on Controls; Configuration and Simulation of various third-party controllers Deepsea, Comap, Easygen, DIEF and Datakom.
• Should have working knowledge of 3D/2D design & PLM software.
• Experience of electrical components selection, electrical circuit design & simulation.
• Debugging of electrical circuits and bench testing of electrical components.
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills and technical leadership.
• Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Electrical Engineering degree with 8-10 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Diesel / Gas genset or similar automobile/machine products design, development, testing and certifications.
• Understanding of International standards like UL2200, UL489, IEC60947, IEC61439
• Experience in electrical product and components testing (including UL, IEC, CSA certification tests)
• Knowledge of the NPI process.
Working knowledge of Creo, Creo schematics, electrical lines & Teamcenter