Descrição da vaga
SUPPLY THE PARTS
TO MAINTAIN THE PRODUCTS
THAT BUILD A BETTER WORLD
STARTING PAY $13.65 plus $1.00 SHIFT PREMIUM
As a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to check, receive, and verify accuracy of part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you will conduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
Please Note: This position will train on first shift for 30 days. Those hours are 7:00am-3:00pm.
CAT Benefits- Available DAY ONE!
Your Safety is Our Priority!
- Climate controlled warehouse & facility
- Uniforms provided
- Company provided eyeglass voucher for prescription safety glasses
- Company provided voucher for safety shoes provided on first day
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- At least three months of work experience
Job Duties/Responsibilities May Include, But Are Not Limited to:
- Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Operates handheld scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing.
- Performs housekeeping functions as required
- Utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts and overhead cranes
- Report defects and need for repairs.
- Be willing to use pneumatic tools and/or power tools to crate products and prep them for shipment
- Build and construct wooden shipping containers
- Utilize tools for the application of paint and rust preventative
What You Need To Succeed:
- Commitment to Safety and Quality
- Teamwork mentality
- Attitude of Excellence
- Desire to learn new skills and develop your career
- Ability to meet and exceed production goals
- Willingness to operate forklifts, reach trucks and order pickers (training provided)
- Flexibility to work in multiple and/or rotation of areas of the warehouse
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes.
- Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Walk, squat, and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willingness to be trained with pneumatic tools
- Willingness to potentially be trained on forklift, cherry pickers, etc.
- Positions are 40 hours per week plus overtime (overtime may be mandatory based on business need)
- Second Shift: Monday-Friday 3:30pm-12:00am
- Starting wage is $13.65 per hour plus $1.00 shift differential
- Openings are located in Victoria, TX
- Eligibility for employment is contingent on passing all active pre-employment screenings
- No relocation is offered for this position
- This position will train on first shift for 30 days. Those hours are 7:00am-3:30pm.
- This position will start as a supplemental opportunity, with the ability to a Caterpillar permanent employee.
PLEASE CHECK EMAILS FREQUENTLY FOR COMMUNICATIONS
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or a lifelong career, you can build what matters to you at Caterpillar. With 150 locations in countries around the world, what you create at Caterpillar travels and helps people around the world. You can collaborate with the best minds in the industry, complete meaningful work and continuously grow and develop through our various opportunities. Here, you can do the work that matters.