Descrição da vaga
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Large Power System Division currently has a Senior Design Engineer position located in the Lafayette, Indiana facility. In this role you will lead development and application of turbochargers for large engines, including product validation, drawing release, and production implementation. This includes support of new product programs, improvement of existing product, engineering support of manufacturing operations, implementation of product cost reduction projects, aftermarket parts growth projects, and supplier evaluation and collaboration.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop world class turbocharging system designs to meet design requirements for multiple world-wide applications
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to develop product requirements for new product programs
- Collaborate with suppliers to optimize designs to meet performance, reliability, durability, and cost targets
- Direct the work of off-site engineering groups providing analysis and detailing services
- Complete design FMEA’s and develop validation requirements for new and improved designs
- Experience collaborating with suppliers using the APQP process
- Lead and support projects that promote aftermarket part sales
- Create product validation plans and lead execution of these plans
- Analyze field warranty and failure data to resolve product problems
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans
- Provide design reviews to update management and stakeholders on project status
- Keep up to date on current technologies and develop new technologies
- Communicate technical information to team members, suppliers, internal customers, and other business units
- Requires a degree in one of the following: BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Aeronautical Engineering, BS Agricultural Engineering, BS Industrial Engineering or BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 4 years of combined work experience
- Component or engine system design and development experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- Incumbents must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments
- Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Must have ability to communicate technical information internally and externally with suppliers
- Experience in Creo or similar 3D modeling tool and Matlab
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 2+ years of heavy-duty reciprocating engine experience in design, test, research, or field service
- Application knowledge of off-highway trucks, marine engines, locomotives, petroleum engines, and electric power generation
- Location of this position is in Lafayette, IN
- This position may require less than 10% travel.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.