Descrição da vaga
Ideas matter. Bring yours to life here.
Design machines that dig, load and haul autonomously. Run digital simulations predicting how yet-to-be-built components will perform in the field. Use 3D printing to create parts that can be produced more sustainably. In all these ways and many more, Caterpillar engineers conceptualize ideas that become real-world products in our factories—and make progress possible around the globe.
Caterpillar’s ICS Electrical Components team is currently seeking an electrical component engineer capable of leading component quality improvement projects and supplier audits to be located at the Caterpillar Mexico facility.
As a component quality engineer, the position will have a significant impact on Caterpillar´s success, improving the company´s ability to meet customer expectations, build defect-free culture, improving performance time and increasing profits while making it a safer place to work.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead cross functional teams to address product problems to reduce number of defects and warranty cost
- Lead multiple projects concurrently, including complex (multiple design controls or organizations) and high commercial impact projects.
- Be accountable for the in-time execution of the CPI fix-it process following the DMAIC approach incl. but not limited to root cause analysis, development and roll-out of interim/permanent corrective actions together with technical specialists/suppliers/operations.
- Conduct and lead (statistical) analysis by applying 6 Sigma tools such as Weibull, Pareto or Ishikawa.
- Report out on the status of projects during global internal and external stakeholder updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (EE preferred) and 3-4 years of work experience in design engineering, product service engineering, project management, or as a field Technical Representative.
- Ability to travel. Some travel is required once travel restrictions are lifted
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- 6 Sigma training and APQP/PPAP experience
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities. Ability to draw insights from data to make quick, well informed decisions.
- Electrical components design, validation, and manufacturing quality management experience
- 2+ years of quality improvement project leadership or 6 Sigma Black Belt experience leading complex projects
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders and strong business acumen
- Distinct customer focus
- Ability to understand both technology and business domains
All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.