Descrição da vaga
Global Machine Pricing (GMP) has two openings for a Pricing Manager. Both roles involve leading teams involved with the development, enhancement, and support for pricing and merchandising analytics, tools, data, and systems. The business processes and applications have a significant impact on Caterpillar, dealers and customers as they include the management, administration, and analysis of prices and sales variance (i.e., discounts) for all machine products globally. Both roles are critical in executing the Pricing Digital Strategy, focusing on simplifying and standardizing business processes; improving data and systems; and leveraging our digital capabilities.
- Leader of the Business Translator team within GMP’s Digital Transformation COE - - with a focus on supporting GMP Digital Strategy and roadmap development, providing guidance to GMP pricing application product owners / business translators, prioritizing requests for all system enhancements, and serving as functional area product owner.
- Leader of the Digital Support and Execution team within GMP Analytics and Technology - - with a focus on driving collaboration between business and technical teams, providing guidance to GMP Digital execution and support team, ensuring high quality system execution and support, and driving simplification and standardization to improve systems and data.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with GIS to align priorities and resources
- Ensure pricing applications’ projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy
- Ensure multi-channel communication throughout the organization
- Ensure that software applications/tools, data, and business processes focused on analysis and management of revenue, prices, and sales variance are well supported and enhanced
- Direct the development of advanced strategic recommendations by staff
- Personally handle high level complicated analysis and problem solving
- Ownership and accountability of revenue related Sarbanes-Oxley controls. Direct the development and maintenance of these controls and mitigation plans.
- Manage a team of primarily experienced management / professional employees who are self starters where monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is less required, as well as training, developing and mentoring
- Manage, train, and supervise the pricing staff responsible for pricing processes and systems
- Responsible for the staff developing, maintaining and updating revenue systems (pricing, invoicing and merchandising)
- Guide own development and direct others' continual learning through training and staying abreast of technology changes
- Bachelor degree or equivalent concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, information technology, business computer systems, analytics, or related fields 10 or more years of professional level experience in pricing, accounting, finance/treasury, information technology, analytics, or marketing role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience involving project management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify solutions
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks on time to meet goals or deadlines
- Ability to effectively handle multiple parallel priorities
- Highly skilled in effective messaging of complex financial topics
- Display a level of comfort reporting to senior and executive management
- Demonstrated focus on quality and customer needs
- Good office desktop applications knowledge
- Ability to learn and perform statistical analysis
- Prior experience in new system design, deployment or support
- Strong understanding of digital solutions and platforms
- Prior supervisory experience
- Previous experience in a pricing role
Most collaboration with business partners and team members will occur in the Peoria, Illinois area, but this posting is open to candidates working from Remote locations outside of the Peoria area within the United States.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.