Descrição da vaga
Ideas matter. Bring yours to life here.
Design machines that dig, load and haul autonomously. Run digital simulations predicting how yet-to-be-built components will perform in the field. Use 3D printing to create parts that can be produced more sustainably. In all these ways and many more, Caterpillar engineers conceptualize ideas that become real-world products in our factories—and make progress possible around the globe.
This role primarily serves as a welding engineer for welding development, fabrication and tooling support in research and business units projects. The role develops and evaluates welding processes that meet or improve weld safety, quality, velocity and cost. Business unit support includes development of weld quality plans, troubleshooting and root cause analysis, weld process or parameter development, or other joining related needs. The role contributes to maintaining joining related specifications, standards and manufacturing practices.
Major Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead or contribute to welding, fabrication and tooling development projects
- Collaborate on multi-disciplinary technical assistance teams to provide superior welding process solutions.
- Collaborate with the Caterpillar welding community to develop and implement welding processes
- Mentor less experience welding engineers
- Keep up to date on new technologies in the areas of joining
- Communicate welding process improvements to the Caterpillar welding community
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the Caterpillar welding community.
- Ability to function as an individual contributor or project team leader.
- Ability to network and establish collaborative relationships within Caterpillar.
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A BS degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering with Fabrications experience, Manufacturing Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering Technology with a focus in welding
- Experience in Welding Engineering or Fabrications
- Experience with reading prints and GD&T
- Fluent English listening, reading, writing and speaking skills
- Ability to travel internationally 25% of the time
Top candidates will also have:
- Robot Programming experience
- Experience with welding failure analysis
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Experience/Certification with non-destructive weld inspection methods
- Experience with Caterpillar Welding Specifications, Standards and Manufacturing Practices
- AWS CWI Certification
All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.