LOCALIDADE: Odessa, TX, Estados Unidos
Data de Publicação: May 4, 2021
Data de fechamento: May 17, 2021
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The SPM Oil & Gas Division currently has an opening for a Sales Manager - Distributed Products. This position can be located in Houston, Texas or near any of the SPM Oil & Gas sales offices. As a Sales Manager at Caterpillar , you will provide consistent coverage and act as a liaison with customers to grow part sales and capture aftermarket opportunity. This position is the sales leader for Distributed Products within SPM Oil and Gas. Distributed Products has three main product lines: 1. Kemper Hammer Unions and Flow Control Iron, 2. Novatech Valves and Seats, 3. Seaboard Artificial Lift. This role will manage and lead all sales activities including managing territory sales reps, understanding market trends, providing voice of the customer on product and industry demand activity, and drive profitable market share growth.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Integrate diverse functions and independently manages day-to-day interactional activities within set parameters
* Understand and be current on customer markets and administers appropriate sales programs to support and develop product sales, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, warranty policy, etc.
* Apply product and industry knowledge in support of SPM Oil and Gas and customer expectations and is exposed to near-term and long-term strategic planning within a 0-3 year horizon
* Interact with high-level professionals (internal and external) and should exhibit effective relationship building and communication skills
* Manage a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required as well as training, developing and mentoring
* Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates
* Solve problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions
* The position travels extensively; at least one full week each month
* College or university degree
* 10+ years commercial experience including sales/marketing/pricing
* Strong knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry, its products, markets & strategy
Top Candidates will also have:
* Previous supervisory experience highly desired
* Possess a solid business acumen
* Strong interpersonal skills that include being highly responsive, collaborative and ensuring transparency in communication
* Effective at building relationships and working across multiple channels and structures to find solutions to complex challenges
* Demonstrated ability to diffuse emotions through effective conflict management skills. Strong leadership and coaching skills are critical
* Previous strong performance in achieving business plans and/or strategic initiatives are key skills for success
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.