Descrição da vaga
As a Data Specialist at Caterpillar, you will provide application and technical leadership in the development of Cloud Applications and participate in designing Data Solutions related to Caterpillar’s supply chain data and Global Supply Network Data.
You will be part of the Procurement and Supply Chain Development team that delivers cost-effective, innovative technical solutions to successfully integrate procurement and supply chain data, enable collaboration, and utilize advanced analytics that support Caterpillar’s efforts to optimize the supply chain configurations in order to lower costs.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Lead development of snowflake application databases that enable data extraction, data loading and data transformation of Caterpillar procurement and supply chain business data.
- Perform data related work related to Data Modeling, Data Design, Data Quality, and Data Catalog.
- Evaluate the business requirements for Supply Chain data and develop ETL/ELT data strategies.
- Perform Data Governance and metadata management activities.
- Create Data Pipelines using Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Build complex SQL analytical queries to create Enterprise Business Information Objects for Data Mart consumptions.
- Consult with Caterpillar Business Partners in the implementation of business systems.
- Provide mentoring to junior technical staff.
- Enhance and support existing application databases.
- Working with Business Analysts and Data Engineers to ensure proper mapping of data.
- Designing and implementing processes, or process improvements to align and comply with Enterprise Architecture.
- 4+ years of IT database development experience with relational databases.
- Expert in SQL and PL/SQL Programming.
- Data modeling knowledge
- Experienced at using analytical SQL scripting, developing stored procedures and functions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Experienced at designing and implementing relational databases.
- Fully skilled at using SQL to analyze data
- Knowledge of the latest technology in programming languages, computing hardware & software and current development processes and tools.
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with Oracle, Cloud systems (AWS/Azure) and Snowflake
- Experience with Toad, Dbeaver, SnowSQL
- Experience with data cataloging tools such as Collibra
- Experience with data life cycle management
- Experience with Analytical SQL
- Experience with Data Modeling tool like Erwin
- Experience with Python programming language including program design, programming logic, testing and debugging.
- Experience at translating business requirements into system designs
- Strong understanding of data warehousing architecture concepts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, mentoring, communication and multitasking skills
- Understanding of Data Analytics and Business intelligence concepts and tools like PowerBI, Tableau etc
- Expertise or understanding of automating business processes
- Expertise or understanding of Big Data, Data Lake, Data Mart Concepts
- Expertise or understanding of continuous integration concepts and ETL/ELT
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Agile project management
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following business processes: Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing, Product Introduction & Product Support.
This position can be on-site or remote within the United States
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers